Employment Practices Liability Insurance—On the Job
Whether you run a large corporation or operate a small business, if you’ve got employees then you face risk. That’s why it’s crucial that you have employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) on the job working to protect you.
EPLI offers coverage against claims made by employees, former employees, contractors, and even employment candidates who allege wrong-doing on the part of your company regarding employment-related issues, such as:
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Breach of employment contract
- Negligent evaluation
- Failure to employ or promote
- Wrongful discipline
- Deprivation of career opportunity
- Wrongful infliction of emotional distress
- Mismanagement of employee benefit plans
EPLI—The Best Defense in the Face of a Claim
EPLI is the best defense against employee-related claims, protecting not only the company, but its directors and officers, as well as current and former employees too. The insurance will offer coverage for litigation expenses or costs incurred in defending against a claim, as well as reimbursement to the employer if the case is settled or a verdict and judgment are entered against them.
Many factors help determine the costs of an EPLI policy. These include:
- Company size
- Type of business
- The length of time the company has been in business
- Number of employees
- Business location
- The number of previously filed claims or lawsuits
The insurance professionals at the Gulbransen Insurance Agency understand your need for this type of coverage and can put together the best policy for your firm.
Not Having EPLI Is Risky Business—Call for a Quote Today
Of course, the best defense is a good offense. That means, minimizing risk to your business by addressing employee and company policies proactively, before you face a claim. You can achieve this by:
- Obtaining an EPLI policy to protect your company
- Establishing your company’s policies and procedures and creating an employee handbook that reflects these
- Including an employment-at-will and equal employment opportunity statement in your handbook
- Developing clearly defined job descriptions with performance expectations
- Putting a zero-tolerance policy into place regarding discrimination and harassment
Take the risk out of doing business by seeking an employment practices liability insurance policy for your company. Call the Gulbransen Insurance Agency at 630.393.6700 today to get a quote or email us to learn more.